I know, I know...but insights can come @ any time and multiple times....

I can't resist, when I discover an insight I tend to over analyze it. Excuse me if this may be one of those instances.
In percolating Daniel Pink's new book "Drive" I find that his treatise of "economic" systems and "social" systems and the combustive clash of both, provides an effective analytical framework to analyze the specific cultural nuance of "genuineness".
Consistent with other writings on this subject, there is a difference between the "what is in it for me" cultural ethos and the "I am a genuine human agent that will engage with someone because they inspire me or like them" ethos.
So, hear me out...
If you engage with someone in a social context and then try to transport that to an economic context for the "what is in it for me" ethos, that is not genuine. Period.
I think the other way around is a genuine engagement because of the outward transparency and maybe , just maybe, if there is positive energy generated , this energy can absolutely be transported to a social context.
I know, I know, a tortured analysis, but what do we have brains for if not to push them into more rigorous corners?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The life giving power if Insights…

An Open Plead for True Leadership

Passion Economy?