Scattered Thoughts....Travelling, IT Security..

I was in Germany last week and the combination of jet lag, little sleep, dinners, meetings, trade shows, etc..really killed me. It has taken me 4 days to fully recover from the fog that I have been in since getting back Friday night.

For the first time in my career, I fully felt the effects of this travel. I could see and feel physical changes. As I looked in the mirror over the weekend, I could see my facial muscles change and show a face that I did not recognize. Further, my disposition was sour much to the displeasure of my family.

Note to travel policy decision makers: Travelling in cattle class for business has a huge impact on the health of your employees and paying for business class is probably a good investment, specially on overnight flights. The static old guide of allowing business class based on "flight time" does not work.

It could be the getting old thing, it could be the "out of sequence" that everything becomes when one is travelling across time zones. It could be a lot of things. One thing is clear, however, we need a better way to travel.

Please, I am calling on all Innovators out there. Please, please Startreck fans, find a way that to teletransport soonest...

The perennial tension between IT and Creativity...

Now more than ever, the IT departments in corporations are having a huge impact in an enterprise’s ability to innovate. The news about Obama and his blackberry that he has allowed to keep after strict security policies is just but the first salvo in this tension.

The advent of mobility and the extension of enterprise business operations, the ability of a brands to extend their reach via the multiplier effect that smartphones will provide, etc…, all of these are now subjected to the whims (capricious or not) of the head IT policy guy.
If an innovators ability to experiment is compromised by these IT policies, then that is not a good thing. Take mobility and the explosion of mobile applications that are basically changing how we live and work. This is the next revolution in Innovation thanks in part to the Iphone.

Calling in all security experts: Do what you have to do, but please take into consideration that like it or not, business and business processes, creativity, communications, ego-casting, social networks, etc...All of them are going mobile....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The life giving power if Insights…

An Open Plead for True Leadership

Passion Economy?